Thursday, July 31, 2008

"I Can Deal With Any of Those Guys in The UFC" - Carlos Condit

In a interview with the OC Register New Mexico's own Carlos Condit gave his thoughts on possibly fighting in the UFC and how he fits in the welterweight division...

“But I feel, me being the champion, I can deal with any one of those guys in the UFC and beat quite a few of them and give any of them a run for their money.”
“I want to fight anyone who is above me. I don’t put too much thought into who I’m going to fight next or anything like that. I focus on improving myself and being the best that I can be. I know that if I reach my potential, then I can beat those guys, I can beat guys like GSP, I can beat guys like (Jon) Fitch. I can fight any of these guys. When I reach my prime, it’s going to be a scary, scary thing for everybody in the welterweight division.”

I personally think Condit is right on the money with his commit and he will be a force in the UFC welterweight division if he makes the jump from the WEC to the UFC.