Monday, July 14, 2008

Potential Fight of the Year - Torres/Page WEC Title!

Five Ounces of Pain is reporting and quoting WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres on who his next fight will be against and when we will see him back in the cage!

"There are a couple of guys being looked at - Damacio Page of Greg Jackson’s team, the guy who just beat Chase Beebe - Will Ribiero, Manny Tapia - who I was supposed to fight before he hurt his knee, and there’s one other guy but his name is escaping me right now,” said Torres.


Miguel on when he plans on returning to the cage...


"They wanted me to fight again in September,” said Torres, “But I am opening a new gym, just got a new house, and I am teaching some seminars so I told them December would be better for me. I’m sure December will be when I fight again.”


Wow! Damacio vs. Torres would be a huge battle to end the year with a bang!