Friday, August 29, 2008

N.M.C.S Exclusive: 5 Rounds w/ MMA Fighter Angela Magana...

R1-What got you your start in MMA? Give your background? Where you Train?
I honestly started 12 years ago when I did amateur boxing but there was a lot of off time but then i was on the wrestling team in school so both of those are roots of mma. I love competition and winning a fight is immediate gratification of being the best. MMA has always grounded me, brought me back, as a teen I liked to party and with my parents and upbringing my life was a road map to destruction...so mma always kept me straight.I train at Team 4 Corners we are a sister school of Jackson's and I also train there just not this training camp
R2-Whats your thoughts on your opponent?
I don't really have any. I just want a good fight I'm fighting near my home and asked too. I probably won't fight this close to home again
R3-You will be fighting for KOTC this weekend, with the growth of Women's mma and mma in general what Org would you like to fight for in the future?
I've been hearing from elite xc for October. I fought for bodog and was going to get the contract but hey went under. Ultimately I want to be in the UFC
R4-Take us though a day of training for your upcoming fight?
Wake up take my daughter to school, teach kickboxing, then train kickboxing and wrestling,do a private lesson,then teach another kickboxing class then train 3-4 hours oh yea I eat. I'm busy busy it's hard being a single mom and a fighter,all the guys that have kids just leave them with their wife ...I can't leave her she comes with me.
R5- Is there anything you would like to say to your friends, family, fans or a sponsors shout out?
I would like to dedicate this fight to the memory of Josh Bell,he died Aug2. I have sooooo much support. I could never do it without you guys Thank you Brown's Fabrication, Four Corners orthodontics (Dr. Herman),Black flame construction, Barry Rose Law,505Consulting,Performance Auto, Club B Lounge,Stood Printing,Militia Motor sports,OTM,Floyd my coach,My teammates,my family,my boyfriend Michael Hovenstine(thanks babe) if I'm missing anyone I'm sorry and I love you guys!!!!!!Thank YOU!!!!!!!!